Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::   ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Food, Glorious Food! - Food, glorious food!  Eclectic ring of food-related sites and culinary delights!  Recipes, groceries, bakeries

Login   Signup

Food, Glorious Food!

Subrings: Crockpot Cooking   Mexican   German   Greek   Indian   Chinese   Italian   BBQ and Other Sauces   Jewish   Desserts and Sweets   Japanese   Thai   Asian   African   Vegetarian   Fish and Seafood  
Manager: genessa
This ring is for anyone that loves good food. Simple or elegant foods, it doesn't matter. This ring is designed for people who are looking for new recipes or just want to meet other people with the same love for food.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Sambal Prawns - 04/05/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rYLHq65iy_s/UVvTRQWn8XI/AAAAAAAAAIM/t3Klj7UOh9g/s320/SambalPrawns8.JPG

My mum used to cook Sambal Prawns and remember eating it with fond memories. This is similar to her recipe but because of availability of certain ingredients, I have substituted or omitted some of the ingredients. In Malaysia, this dish is called Sambal Udang. Traditionally, the paste is pounded in a pestle and mortar, which c an be therapeu t ic but time co nsuming . But i f you have a blender, the preparation time is reduced. Ingredients 500g raw prawns(peeled and devein) 1/2 tsp sugar 1/2 tsp salt 1 tbsp tamaind paste 4 tbsp oil 4 tomatoes, quartered Paste Ingredients 10 red chillies (deseed and cut into pieces) - check how spicy the chilli that you are using is and reduce the number if very spicy 12 red shallots (I used 1 red onion - cut into small wedges ) 1 stalk lemon grass ( cut into small pieces) 3 candelnuts (I used 8 blanched raw almonds) 1.5 x 2.5 x 0.5 cm piece of shrimp paste/belacan (I omitted this) Steps Season peeled and devein ed prawns with sugar and salt. Blend the paste ingredients in a blender or if you prefer in a pest le and mortar. Prepare 1 cup tamarind juice b y pouring  a li ttle more than 1 cup of hot water to the tamarind paste in a cup or bowl. Stra in it. Heat oil in a wok or pan and f ry the blended ingredients till well cooked (about 4-5 minutes). Add prawns and stir until prawns are lightly coo ked . Add tomatoes and tamarind juice. Stir and simmer until the prawns are co oked. Season with salt and sugar according to taste. Serv...

Sambal Prawns

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2019 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy